Configured my domain’s DNS provider to point to the 000webhost nameservers, but at 000webhost, It is showing "waiting for nameservers"

Configured my domain’s DNS provider to point to the ns01.000webhost.com and ns02.000webhost.com nameservers.
Added the custom domain by clicking Add domain button in the table given.
But in the “Linked Website” column, Its displaying " waiting for nameservers even after I have changed the nameservers to point to 000webhost

what is your domain name??

Some DNS changes take 24-48 hours to propagate. If the issue persists for longer, contact your registrar and tell them of the issue.

1 Like

Hello.
I have the same problem with dns.
I’ve already made my registrar change dns to ns01 and ns02 as the tutorial says.
I’ve been waiting for a week for 000webhost to take note of this.
I’ve been repeating the parking every 24 hours but still receive the message “waiting for nameservers”.
My domain is bell.edu.uy and the site within 000webhost is belleduuy.000webhostapp.com
I’d be glad to receive your support.

What is your domain please?

My domain is bell.edu.uy

You need to point bell.edu.uy to 000webhost have you done this?

A check reveals your domain is not pointing

Yes. I’ve also made “ping” and answers nothing.
But my domain’s provider says it´s done. I’m going to send them this screen capture.
I hope I could solve this.
Give me one day to ask them and I’ll be back to you.
Thank you very much.

Who provides your domain?

The provider is RAU (https://www.nic.uy/Registrar/jsp/login.jsp) which belons to UDELAR, which is the State University.
I’ve bought the domain <bell.edu.uy> through NETUY.net, which is a private company that offers hosting too.

Follows the answer from net.uy

el dominio está correctamente delegado, podés verlo al hacer un whois del mismo:

[jmcorrea@jmcorrea ~]$ whois bell.edu.uy
[Preguntando whois.nic.org.uy]
[whois.nic.org.uy]

Servidor Whois de NIC-Uruguay (.UY)

Este servidor contiene informacion autoritativa exclusivamente de dominios bajo .UY, EDU.UY, ORG.UY, NET.UY, GUB.UY y MIL.UY
Cualquier consulta sobre este servicio, puede hacerla al correo electronico dns-adm@seciu.edu.uy

Por informacion sobre dominios bajo COM.UY dirigirse a https://nic.anteldata.com.uy/dns/consultaWhois/whois.action

Titular:
Beatriz Alonso (Empresa unipersonal) (bell.edu.uy-uynic) bell@adinet.com.uy
Beatriz Alonso (Empresa unipersonal)
Bell 1336
Montevideo UY
598 2 3584771

Nombre de Dominio: bell.edu.uy
Registrado por: Servicio Central de Informática de la Universidad (SeCIU-UdelaR) (http://www.nic.org.uy)

Contacto Administrativo:
NETUY srl (ns11-uynic) administracion@netuy.net
Avda Francia y Biarritz
Punta del Este - Maldonado UY
+598.42499281

Contacto Tecnico:
Avda Francia y Biarritz
+598.42499281

Contacto de Cobranza:
Avda Francia y Biarritz
+598.42499281

Ultima Actualizacion: 2017-03-19 16:25:36
Fecha de Creacion: 2009-03-10 00:00:00

Estatus del dominio: ACTIVO

Servidor(es) de Nombres de Dominio:

NIC-Uruguay - SeCIU - UdelaR
http://www.nic.org.uy
Veo que los dns de 000webhost no están respondiendo consultas para el mismo:

[jmcorrea@jmcorrea ~]$ dig @ns01.000webhost.com bell.edu.uy

; <<>> DiG 9.10.4-P6-RedHat-9.10.4-4.P6.fc25 <<>> @ns01.000webhost.com bell.edu.uy
; (2 servers found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 42581
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1680
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;bell.edu.uy. IN A

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
bell.edu.uy. 900 IN SOA ns01.000webhost.com. hostmaster.000webhost.com. 1 7200 900 1209600 86400

;; Query time: 196 msec
;; SERVER: 153.92.2.6#53(153.92.2.6)
;; WHEN: jue mar 23 10:43:20 -03 2017
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 106

[jmcorrea@jmcorrea ~]$ dig @ns02.000webhost.com bell.edu.uy

; <<>> DiG 9.10.4-P6-RedHat-9.10.4-4.P6.fc25 <<>> @ns02.000webhost.com bell.edu.uy
; (2 servers found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 46482
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1680
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;bell.edu.uy. IN A

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
bell.edu.uy. 900 IN SOA ns01.000webhost.com. hostmaster.000webhost.com. 1 7200 900 1209600 86400

;; Query time: 183 msec
;; SERVER: 153.92.2.7#53(153.92.2.7)
;; WHEN: jue mar 23 10:43:24 -03 2017
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 106
El problema es que los dns a los que fue delegado el dominio no están configurados para responder por el mismo, no hay ningún problema a nivel del dominio en sí. De todas formas volví a hacer el proceso de delegación, desafortunadamente otra cosa no podemos hacer.

Te recomiendo que copies la información que te pasé a 000webhost y le pidas que lo revisen, porque el problema está del lado de ellos.

Are you there @alexuy?

yes. sorry, I’m here

I’m new at the forum. And I have to translate:grin:

I contacted the registrar and they again confirm they have been pointed to your set nameservers ns01.000webhost.com and ns02.000webhost.com I would advise to wait until 48 hours before rechecking again.
On the live chat Analia and Jessica from netuy.net helped me with confirming your site was correctly pointed however they could not explain why the nameservers don’t show public via other nameserver checking systems.
Did Juan get back to you via ticket?

If after 48 hours the panel still doesn’t allow you to link I will pass this to an administrator.

Yes, Juan sent me a contact ticket and the information I’ve posted a few minutes ago.
Let’s wait 48 hours and see what happens.

I really appreciate so much your help.
Thank you very much.

Dear my friend Infinity,

I’m writing to thank you for your great help in solving “waiting for nameservers” posted problem.
I’ve already d​one the parking today and the site ​is ​work​ing perfectly now​.
​I would also like to congratulate you and all the other members of 000webhost tutorial staff for your generosity in sharing the passion in helping others.
I believe that this is the key of the growth of your platform and the reason why more and more people are selecting 000webhost for hosting their websites.

With gratitude for your king patronage,

Mr. Birriel

1 Like